Friday, October 9, 2015

Add Refiners for your Site Collection(Part 3)

Now in our last part we will learn how to setup our search refiners and also limit our Search Result to only show Site Collection and Subsites.

Let Start :)


Now Lets go our Search center and add a new Search Page. I named the Page I created "Funding Source Page". Now in our new page click on the Edit Page



Now we will now modify our Search Result we can do that by editing the property of the "Search Results" Webpart. This will show the properties of the webpart. Click on the the "Change query" button.



Click on the "Switch to Advance Mode" so that we could specify our own query. In the Query textbox type in the following query "{searchboxquery} contentclass:STS_Web contentclass:STS_site" then hit OK to apply our changes. The following query will limit the results to show Site Collection and Subsite only.


Click on Apply to save our changes to the page. Now we will now add our new Refiner. In the Refinement Webpart click Edit Webpart. Click on the "Choose Refiners" button. I mapped the column that we created earlier("Global Funding Source") the a refinablestring. Click here to view how I mapped the property.



Now moving the RefinableString to the Selected refiner and giving it a DisplayName I was able to use it to refine the Site being shown in my Search Center. With this I can add property to my Site collection like Country or Department so that my User will have an easier experience in find a site collection they needed.(Dont forget to check in everything and publish)













No comments:

Post a Comment